The Skid Spacer is used to support and electrically insulate a cathodically protected pipeline from a casing pipe through which it will pass. Made from High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) with no metal material, the skid space is an ideal solution for pipeline protection and supporting.
A non-corroding, non-metallic casing spacer for Pipe-in-Pipe (PIP) applications such as slip lining and cased crossings for all medium to heavy weight pipe materials including steel, DICL, MSCL, GRE, PVC and HDPE. Suitable for all diameters from 400mm OD to 1600mm OD and beyond by addition of multiple segments.
Construction & Features
- Made from HDPE with high flexural strength, heigh temperature resistance, low coefficient of friction, abrasion resistance and outstanding chemical resistance.
- Insert friction is reduced with rollers, allowing the pipe to be moved freely during installation. Formation of the spacer is accomplished by a snap connection joint for the desired number of elements. After the spacer is wrapped around the pipe, nylon screws fix the spacer firmly to the pipe. Spacers are delivered to customer in the required element sets for the pipe OD.
- Load sharing suspension system allowing heavy loads to be shared across multiple runners reducing point loading and increasing the overall load capacity of the spacer.
- Minimizes spacer weight bearing capacity and reduces point loading via a unique load sharing runner system.
- Ability to combine different runner heights in the same spacer ring to assist in borehole grade correction.
- Larger diameters are accommodated by joining additional segments.
Carrier Pipe OD (mm)
No. of Segments